A dedicated microblading studio, located in the heart of Brighton, in Rochester, New York, Arched by Lindsay Marie was founded by Owner and Microblading Specialist, Lindsay Collins. Lindsay started her career in her study of esthetics at Shear Ego. With almost 20 years of experience in the industry, Lindsay has been Rochester's go-to girl for anything skincare related. She had a long career in the corporate spa world and then decided in 2012 to branch out of that industry. Makeup is one of Lindsay's passions and her first love as she loves doing special-event makeup and one-on-one makeup lessons. Eager to stay on top of the ever-changing beauty industry, Lindsay decided in 2016 to travel to New York City and became master-certified in microblading and soon thereafter, she introduced microblading to Rochester and Arched by Lindsay Marie opened its doors.
Lindsay's passion is evident in her quality of work. She continuously strives for perfection and effortlessly adds her own personal spin to each style she creates, finding the ideal look for each client she works with. Lindsay has worked hard to perfect her technique and is considered the brow whisperer in Rochester, New York.
Certified Microblading Specialist | Esthetician | Eyebrow Whisperer | Waxing Specialist
What is Eyebrow Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo done manually without a machine. The implanting of the pigment is done on the top most layer of dermis(skin) using disposable and sterilized tools.
This method is the finest form of eyebrow drawing to etch hair-like strokes into the skin. These hair-strokes flow in the same direction as your own hairs to create the most natural-looking eyebrows.
Symmetry is done with detailed measuring and eyebrow mapping and there is no 'eyeballing" of the overall look. The procedure takes 2 hours total, followed by a 1 hour touch up 4-8 weeks after.
The microblading brand pigment Lindsay uses is produced with the highest standards, and stays true to color. It is formulated to match each individuals natural eyebrows' color.
There's no spilling under the skin, the lines heal thinner and softer and there is less blurring over time.
• The treatment has been done with a sterile disposable blade and sterile environment.
• The skin and hands have been disinfected prior to the treatment. Lindsay uses surgical gloves during procedure.
• Eyebrow symmetry has been determined using measuring and eyebrow mapping, which is individually specific to each client.
• The pigments used are of high quality; They do not contain illegal quantities of heavy metals and are not highly-allergenic.
• The pigments are not tested on animals.
How To Prepare For Your Treatment
Prior to your appointment think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field, we ensure that the correct color and shape are chosen for you, however, you are part of the decision-making process.
Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your appointment.
• Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen 24 hours prior to your appointment.
• Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
• Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 24 hours prior to and after your appointment.
• Botox should be given 3 weeks prior or 3 weeks after this procedure.
• Do not use Retin-A or Retinols for 7 days prior, avoid around the area for 30 days, as these will cause pigments to prematurely fade.
• No chemical peels 30 days before or 30 days after (brows will peel quicker due to chemicals traveling under the skin). • Do not workout the day of the procedure.
• Do not tan or have a sunburned face.
• No waxing or tinting 3 days before appointment.
What To Expect After Your Treatment
Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing and bruising, this is a good sign as it means the skin in healing.
Your brows will appear darker and bolder; this is because the pigment takes around 7 days to enter the deeper layers of the skin. After 7-10 days, exfoliation takes place. The top layer of the skin peels off, leaving a softer, lighter color below.
You may experience color change or color loss as the procedure area heals. This will be addressed during the touch-up, which is why the touch-up is necessary. The procedure area needs to be completely healed before the touch-up, which usually takes around 4-6weeks.
A touch-up may be needed anywhere from 9 months to 1.5 years after the first touch-up procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. We recommend the first touch up 4-6 weeks after the first session; Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and crisp.
Arched by Lindsay Marie Aftercare
Day of the Treatment - Absorb
After the procedure, gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Check the treated area for the first day once an hour until the oozing has stopped. Absorb as needed. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids.
Days 1-7 - Wash
Wash daily to remove bacteria, build up of product and oils, and dead skin. (Don't worry, this does not remove the pigment!)
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Dial Soap, Cetaphil, or Neutrogena. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants.
Days 1-7 - Moisturize
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare cream with a cotton swab or clean finger and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. NEVER put the ointment on a wet or damp skin.
Here are some extra tips to help with a smooth and easy recovery:
• Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
• Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
• No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
• Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
• Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
• Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
• Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area for 7 to 10 days
• Do not rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.
*Important Note About Showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet only at the end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
"Lindsay is absolutely amazing! Very professional, and does beautiful work! I highly recommend her." — Deidré B.
"I love her!! She’s a magician! She also happens to be an amazing, fun, authentic, incredible person." — Amy S.
"I have been going to Lindsay for more than 10 years. She is the best at what she does...I will follow her wherever she goes. She is very professional and her work is perfection..." — Ghida B.
"Run—don’t walk—to Lindsay Marie!" — Greg C.
"Best in the business!!!" — Alyssa S-P
"Lindsay is amazing. I am in love with my brows! I highly recommend her to anyone!!!" — Lindsey M.
"I finally have brows and couldn't be happier with them. Lindsay is the best." — Kristen M-S
"When you see Lindsay for beauty tips and services you will feel beautiful. Not to mention how great you will look. Ooooo la la Lindsay!" — Carmin M-J
"Lindsay is professional and unmatched in her craft. I highly recommend her!" — Lindsay M.
"The best!" — Marcia P.
"2018 (and 2017) microblading - best in town!!" — April B.